Offered In the Spring Semester
Students attend this program at Kwantlen Polytechnic University’s Langley Campus in February and March for 6 weeks during their grade 12 year. Students will need to travel to KPU in Langley for the six weeks. This program is a Level 1 Apprenticeship Technical Training program. It provides the common core of technical knowledge needed to move into the next levels of landscaping and / or production. Grade 12 students will have an opportunity to fully participate in graduation ceremonies at their home school.
• Horticulture practices
• Plant health & plant materials
• Soils • Pest management
• Plant identification & plant science
• Equipment maintenance
• Supervisory skills
• Tuition is paid by Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District, saving the student approximately $900.
Costs (paid by students)
• Rain gear and safety equipment as required (approximately $250.00)
• Text books and workbooks as necessary (approximately $400.00) • Travel costs to/from KPU
Students receive 8 elective graduation secondary school credits (2 grade 12 courses) and will receive ITA credit for the Level 1 Apprenticeship Program
Application Process: Email your Complete Application to Brad_Dingler@sd42.ca / Brenna_Michaud@sd42.ca • School District Application- Contact : Brad_Dingler@sd42.ca or Brenna_Michaud@sd42.ca • Kwantlen Application - Click Here. • Kwantlen 3rd Party Waiver Forms - Click Here. • Photocopy of Birth Certificate if you are new to the school district
For More Information about this trade please see the ITA website - Click Here